Energy for Education are in the final stages of rolling out a Solar PV Programme for Aspirations Academies Trust (AAT) as part of a wider Holistic Energy Management Programme. So far the Programme has installed just over 619KWp of Solar PV (approximately 2,476 Solar Panels) generating a net saving of £ 2,500,000 over the next 20 years. In addition to the financial savings, the programme will save 262,332 Kg of CO2 per annum
The team at AAT are very forward thinking in terms of reducing the cost and the environmental impact of the Trusts academy buildings has and have been working to reduce the impact of rising electricity and gas prices with E4E.
E4E undertook an OJEU compliant procurement using the Approved Partner Framework to select a preferred partner on behalf of AAT. Sun Energy Group won the procurement to install the PV systems and were supported by Asset Finance and Management Solutions (AFM) by providing operating lease funding.
In summary we have installed the following at each site:
- Rivers Academy West London – 189KWp
- Oriel Academy West London – 50KWp
- Oak Hill Academy West London – 30KWp
- Space Studio Banbury – 75KWp
- Harriers Academy Banbury – 70KWp
- Dashwood Banbury Academy – 50KWp
- Magna Academy Poole – 155KWp
- Jewell Academy Bournemouth – In development for 75KWp
E4Es role has been to ensure that the programme has been rolled out effectively across the programme and we have been responsible for:
- Feasibility and Procurement
- Management of the Supply chain
- Engagement with Planning and Local Authorities
- Sign-off and FiTs Applications (in partnership with Commercial Funded Solar and Good Energy).
For more information on how we can help you please contact our renewables team on 0300 111 0175 or